(This is from Elder Lybbert's email last week Oct 21st.)
Buna Ziua!
Well, it's a new
transfer now, and we are looking forward. We really feel good about
this one. I feel very grateful to continue to have Elder
B as a companion. We get along so well, and work well together
too. And Constanta is an incredible city to be in, mostly because of the
branch. The members here are committed and faithful, which is so
important.
Going to Bucharest for transfers was a great experience. I
was really happy to see my MTC district again, though, very
unfortunately, we were not able to all be together at the same time. I spent the whole day in Bucharest. While there I got to go to the hill where Romania was dedicated for missionary work. I was able to go with two members of my MTC district. Here is a picture of us:
We also have two new investigators now. One is a
former investigator that we contacted last Monday. He told us not to
have high hopes, but we do have a second lesson set up. We
also have one who is a friend of a member here. Member referrals are the best.
We also will be meeting another member referral
tonight! I hope that goes well. Straight after that we are having a
bible study class, and Elder B and I will be teaching that. And,
we have to give a presentation at Zone Training meeting tomorrow! We are
getting overwhelmed with things to prepare for!
We had a very interesting experience on Sunday. A
few weeks ago, we met a very, very nice older woman while bloc-knocking.
About a week later, the other elders did the same bloc and found her as
well! So, we went over for a visit on Sunday, all 4 of us elders. She
liked to talk. She has really embraced the best parts of the Orthodox
religion, and said a lot of true doctrine. Also, she brought in a
student from Morocco to talk to us. I think he rents from her or
something. He speaks better English than Romanian, so it turned into a
very unique three-way, two-language conversation. Whenever we weren't
learning about Orthodox beliefs, we were learning about Islam. We do
hold a lot of truths in common. We didn't get to say much, but the
"lesson" went for three hours! I can't believe how that happened! She
was very nice, and fed us cake and everything, but she just went on and
on. I'm not sure what to think of the experience. It was very different
from anything I have experienced so far.
My
language skills are noticably better now than they were six weeks ago. I
get a lot of confidence from being a second transfer missionary. It was
really cool at church this Sunday, because I suddenly seem to
understand now! It was so cool. If I pay attention and don't fall
asleep, I understand the talks and lessons and actually learn from them!
It makes church such a more enjoyable experience.
Thanks for all the love and support. Love you so much!
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment