It's been a great summer week. I
am putting my heart into Sibiu, and the branch here. The branch has a
very interesting history, and a lot of missionaries and
members have lost hope in the branch, but I have committed myself here
now. I hope I stay for a while, and I hope I can see some growth and
improvement before I leave. President Ivory has brought so much positive energy to the mission, that
I feel it is time for big things to happen here.
We went to Brasov on an exchange
this week, and I got to work with Elder W! On his very first
exchange! He is a great missionary and has a lot of new missionary fire.
We had some great experiences bus contacting, family history
contacting, and visiting one of the stellar new members in Brasov! It
was a lot of fun. Elder B was busy with a baptismal interview at the
same time, and he and Elder C also visited a couple of golden
investigators that were just found. Brasov is on fire! They are doing so
great! Elder B is doing a great job training and being a district
leader.
Sunday was great too. President
C asked Elder C and Elder D and I to speak the night
before, but I just used my faith talk from Brasov again. But it was even
better this time.
Then, President C had to
leave, and there was no one to teach priesthood/relief society for the
second hour (We only do two hours when there is low turnout), so I had 5
minutes to prepare a lesson. But it actually went really well, and we
got some good discussion going. And it was actually positive good
discussion! I was really happy.
And this week we have zone
conference on Wednesday, in Brasov! On my birthday! We'll party it up on
the early morning bus, then have an inspiring zone conference with
president Ivory. This may be the coolest zone conference so far in my
mission. I'm excited. President Ivory has hinted that we may need to do
presentations as zone leaders, but we haven't received specific
instructions yet. So I'm a bit nervous about that...
Thanks for reading!
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment