Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I'm staying in Sibiu!

Hey everyone!

I'm staying in Sibiu for another six weeks! In fact, the entire district is staying unchanged! That was a really pleasant surprise, and it should be good for the work here, because we finally have just a little momentum here, and now that our branch president is back, things will just get better.

Yes, Pres C and his wife are back from the temple in Madrid! They are now sealed and they had a great experience! Their flight back got delayed, so they weren't able to make it to church, but we managed without them again. We ran the church services as missionaries 5 times this last transfer. I just got a taste of what the branch president's job is, but it was quite the experience. Elder D and I didn't just plan church, we held an interview, and managed the branch welfare system for a month! But it was great.

And this week, we had an incredible branch Halloween activity! We put a lot of effort into planning it, and it payed off. We had 3 members and 10 nonmembers come, and we had a lot of fun. The sisters organized decorations, and with the equivalent of 7 dollars, did a very impressive  job of it. We did some great activities: bobbing for apples, a Halloween dress-up relay race, mummy bowling, a fishing pond, pumpkin carving, and a very effective haunted basement! It was a lot of work to run all of that, but it was worth it. I even did a performance as the yoyoninja at the end. An activity like this is pretty unique for Romanians, and everyone really enjoyed it.

As for our investigators, no one is really progressing, but our pool of potential investigators and current investigators has grown from 2 to 8 over the transfer, so we are moving in a good direction. The whole district has been experiencing the same sort of thing, and the sisters especially have a lot of investigators to teach. It's going to be great to see where all these people go this transfer.

I'm just so happy now to be staying. I was totally expecting to be transferred, and was saying goodbye to everyone at the Halloween activity, then got to surprise them all when we found out the news on Sunday! I have some great friends here in Sibiu. We met with M on Sunday, and I was especially glad to still be able to work with him. We have really connected, and he is starting to open up with me. He is such a cool guy, and he has changed since I first met him, I brought it up with him, and he didn't deny it. He is actually happier now. He was smiling at the Halloween activity, and he never used to do that.

Thanks for reading! Sibiu is great!

Elder Lybbert


No comments:

Post a Comment