It's been a cool week! We have been
having to do a little more branch business than usual, since the Branch President was kind of occupied this week, but it was great!
But
I'll start from the beginning of the week. We had a cool lesson with a
referral from out of town on Monday evening! He comes into Sibiu for
work, and had a spare hour before starting a night shift, and he is a
really cool guy. He was very interested in learning and really believes
in the principle of receiving a response from God. He has a family with
six kids too. It is a big obstacle that he doesn't live in Sibiu, but
we'll see how it goes.
We saw F again this
week, and he had an interesting gift for us. He makes jam out of
everything. He makes green tomato jam, onion jam, hot pepper jam. But
the jam he gave us was watermelon rind jam! And it is really good too.
F is a cool guy. He likes meeting us and coming to church, but
doesn't really want to study the Book of Mormon or learn more right now.
It
was a crazy week for S and A. In Romania, the couple has to
prepare everything for their wedding themselves. They officially got
married in the city hall on Friday, but on Saturday they held a activity
at the church. We sang as a missionary choir, and President Ivory came
and spoke. (In Romanian again. He's doing great!) The Ivory's also
brought three senior couples with them, and the Smiths spoke as well. It
was an awesome meeting, and the room was packed! All of the family was
there, and it was about 35 people in total. I've never seen so many
people in our little vila.
English is going
well too, we have twenty something students each class, which is great
for Sibiu. And we seem to have different sets of students who will be
coming either on Tuesdays or Saturdays, so the total students must be
around 35. We had 10 in beginners on Saturday. Great students.
I
love general conference! We have a live stream in Romanian now, thanks
to Pres. Ivory and some cool members down in Ploiesti. We watched
both of the morning sessions in Romanian with the branch, at 7PM for us.
We also held church services during the day on Sunday, but since Pres.
C couldn't come, I conducted again. The more I have opportunities
to serve in this branch, the more I truly feel a part of it. I really
belong here.
Just a couple weeks ago, Elder D and I were talking about the
possibility of general conference speakers speaking in their native
tongue. But I dismissed the idea with the argument that it would be too
hard to find a Romanian-Chinese translator, for example. That day, we
met a Romanian-Chinese translator. Then, at general conference,
we watched a speaker using Chinese translated into Romanian. Nothing is
impossible for the Lord.
And today, we went out and visited
R, our awesome British member who lives out in the gorgeous
Romanian mountains. He is such an
incredible person, and has done so much for the community out in the
village of Loman. The people love him. And he has an amazing missionary
spirit too. He is pioneering a member group out there, and hopes to turn
it into a branch. If he does succeed and eventually gets missionaries
out there, I would love to go there.
It was a great week. I am looking forward. Not to anything in particular, just in general.
Thanks for reading!
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment