It's been a good week and a half! Elder
D and I have been teaching lessons almost every day, more than I
have ever had in my mission so far. And even though a lot of people fall
through and some of our old investigators are dropping off, we keep
finding new people to work with.
It's really
weird trying to think of everything that happened last week, since it
feels like it was so long ago! We have a new investigator that we have
taught 4 times now. He is interested and feels good
meeting with us, but understands things very slowly. We taught him the
restoration in the first lesson, but the last three were shorter lessons
covering the restoration, the Book of Mormon, and prayer. We have to
take things one at a time for him to grasp them, but he is coming along
slowly. He is very excited to learn and keep meeting with us.
I
also had an exchange with Elder C this week! It is always so fun
being with him, and we love being able to talk about the good old MTC
days. That was so long ago! I can't believe how much time has gone by.
One year ago today I got tranferred to Cluj, making this my one year
mark in Transylvania. I hope that my Romanian accent is distinctly
Transylvanian, since this is my home. I'll never be able to stop saying
"Servus." (A greeting used everywhere that used to be the
Austro-Hungarian empire)
Sunday was fun. Pres.
C was unexpectedly away because of a family emergency, so we ran
church again! And I gave my 6th sacrament meeting talk in Sibiu. In
fact, I enjoy speaking in church now. It gives me a chance to share
things that I want everyone to hear, things that I think this branch
needs. I feel very close to this little branch, and I want to see it
stronger every week.
And today we woke up to a
beautiful frost across everything! It really smells like winter outside
now. And later today, we have our Thanksgiving feast! That's why our
P-day was moved, so that we would have time to prepare. We have invited
all the members, all our investigators and English students, and we hope
to have a great turnout. It is going to be a potluck, and I really hope
there will be enough food. We had people sign up, so I think it will be
good.
Yesterday I made a bunch of rolls, some
cinnamon rolls too! I wish I had paid more attention when my dad would
always make them back home! I had a recipe for yeast dough, but the rest
I just had to do from memory. But they turned out good, and smell
awesome!
We cooked our turkey this morning
too! The turkeys here are pretty small, less than 4 kilos, so it only
took about 3 1/2 hours. I felt really inexpereinced and overwhelmed
doing it, with only a few pointers from Sora Ivory and the senior
couples. But I think it will be great! Elder D made sweet potatoes
too. I am really excited for this meal!
Thanks for all of your support! Things are going great, and there is energy in Sibiu.
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment