It was a great Christmas week. Christmas is really different on a mission, but it was still good.
On
Christmas Eve we had lunch with the district and a member at the Tower
restaurant, the highest point in Galati. It was really nice, and it was
great to spend some time with A. He is a new convert, and needs our
friendship. He is great, and will come to any activity we tell him
about.
And on Christmas, we had a special
district Christmas breakfast and gift exchange, we got to watch The Book
Thief as a special movie for Christmas, then us four elders visited a
lonely member while the sisters skyped their families. I didn't do my
skype until Boxing day, but that was great! It was great to talk to my
family. You are all growing up! Without me!
On
Saturday I had an exchange with Elder D L and that was fun. We
visited one of his investigators and shared a nice Christmas message, and it was really cool. However, the weather took a turn on Saturday
and the snow finally came! We had a sunny Christmas, but today it is a
nasty blizzard! It was an adventure getting here to write this email,
and I used all of the winter equipment I had. There are cars stuck all
over the place and the snow and wind are still strong.
Sunday was good, and we had a
meeting with the branch president and elders quorum president, and we
are making plans to get home teaching going here in the coming year!
With our two new Aaronic priesthood holders, we have 4 reliable
priesthood holders and us four missionaries to work with, so I think it
will work. And if we get that going, it will do amazing things for this
branch.
The weather is crazy, the snow is here,
but I am good. We don't have any plans for new years, and we didn't get
permission to go out late this year, but it is still exciting. It will
be a great year for Romania.
Thanks for reading!
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment