Monday, January 26, 2015

New District in Galati

Hi Everyone!

It is a new transfer, and we are off to a great start! Elder M is totally awesome! He is from St. George, and is a super friendly and unselfish guy. He only has two transfers left on his mission, so we are a pretty old companionship.

Things are going well in Galati. We really started off the transfer on the right foot. We had a super fun activity for members and investigators on Friday evening with Minute to win it games, and it was so fun.We have another new investigator and our home teaching is going well.  A less active member on our home teaching list that we have been visiting and helping came to church for the second week in a row.

Elder M and I have had the chance to explore the city a bit the last few days too, and there are lots of cool little things to find. There is a pathway that runs along the riverbank that is really nice, and I am sure that in the summer it is the place to be. I think I would be happy to stay here until the end of my mission.

Also, I presided and conducted at church on Sunday. We had 19 people come, and I have never conducted in front of so many. But it was a good meeting. It is weird being the guy in charge in the branch now, when the branch president isn't around. I did it in Sibiu, but Galati is a different branch with different challenges.

We had a good P-day today, and went and explored Braila again. It's kind of a ghetto city overall, but it was fun to see. It's neat having another big city so close by.

I don't have time to really write more, but I hope to have time to sort through my photos and send a lot of them next week.

Thanks for reading!

Elder Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment