Monday, February 23, 2015

Zone Conference in Buc and energy in Galati

Hi Everyone!

It was a great week. The branch is doing better and better, and we had a fantastic zone conference in Bucharest this week. Not the whole zone went, just Galati and Constanta from our zone. Iasi and Bacau will be going to Chisinau, so we got a weird split this time.

It was really inspiring though. I feel that there is a big change coming to the mission soon. The mission culture is about to change for the better. Especially after our zone leader conference call with President Ivory last night, I can see what the future holds. When President Ivory's father was a mission president in England, they went from 20 baptisms a month to 200. And we are going to find the way to make that change here too. I feel the energy. We have already seen big steps in how we work with members and total church attendance has been on the rise.

We also had a fantastic day at church. A gave a great talk on the sacrament, Sora L did a great job, Elder D and I did a musical number (Joseph Smith's first prayer, he sang I accompanied on the Piano) and we had a visiting speaker from Ploiesti who brought a LOT to the meeting. He is a returned missionary and knows his stuff.

T gave a fantastic Sunday school lesson on the Sermon on the Mount, and we had the best discussion in priesthood that I have ever seen. Our less active member, came, participated, and had a great time. And we had a very productive priesthood executive meeting after church. It was my favourite Sunday so far in Galati.

Thanks for reading!

Elder Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment