Thursday, February 6, 2014

Letter to Evergreen Ward

Dear Evergreen Ward,
Greetings from Transylvania! I can't believe I've made it this far, in my mission and in my life, but here I am in Romania. And what an experience this mission is.
I'd like to thank all of you for your support, from when I was preparing to leave until now. I loved getting that giant Christmas card, even if it took a while to get to me. I definitely had the most interesting Christmas yet of my life.


I have learned a lot of things already from missionary service. I have gained a testimony that God really does have a plan, that he knows infinitely more than we do, and that his plan will not be stopped. Even my mistakes and weaknesses will not hinder His work. God loves all His children, and they will all be given a fair chance. As a missionary, I have the special privilege of helping God give people agency and the freedom to accept the gospel.
The spirit is a very essential part of this work, and I can't imagine living without it now. Through the spirit, I know that my words can have a real effect on people, and when I feel the spirit in my life, I know that I am living how the Lord wants me to.
And to the youth of the ward, I can testify that serving a mission is a very worthwhile investment. It is hard, it stretches you, but the blessings cannot be found anywhere else. Young men, I encourage you to prepare now, since serving a mission will be the best decision you can make at this point. But don't take my word for it. Pray, study, and find out for yourself. Don't go until you know that God wants you to. Then, act on the answer you receive.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour, and that His atonement is real. I have to use it every day, to overcome my many faults and be worthy to be the Lord's servant. The more I meet people that reject this gospel, the more that God tells me that it is true and real. The Church of Jesus Christ has been restored. God still speaks to us through a living prophet.
I leave you this testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment