Bună Ziua!
It's a new transfer! And Elder S and the new district are great! But this has been a pretty crazy weekend.
Elder S is just as happy and polite and generous as
always, and he always seems to spot little opportunities to serve
people, everywhere. It amazes me, honestly. I hope I can pick that up
from him this transfer. Being co-senior is just fine so far, since we
can both manage in Romanian without a problem. It is giving me more of a
chance to speak out and to make decisions, which is really a good thing
for me.
Our new district leader is a lot of
fun. He is a little quiet, but he's got some tricks up his sleeve, and
he is a really fun-loving guy. He had us all do the cinnamon challenge
our first district meeting. That's a full spoon of cinnamon in your
mouth all at once. It was a terrible experience. Then, when we were
chilling with our post-meeting refreshments (sign of a very cool
district), he informed us that there was blue dye in the pop, and that
we would all pee blue that night. We did.
And now to what has made this first week really
stressful for me. Our phone stopped working on Friday! And it has
nothing to do with us! Since the other elders lost their phone last
transfer, they have been using the phone that the former senior couple
in Cluj left. In order to get them their old number back, the office
needed to shut down their old SIM card and send them a new one. However,
they shut down ours by mistake. And now we won't get a new one until
Wednesday at the earliest! So, things have been a lot more difficult. It
really stresses me out, since I had really high expectations to start
off this transfer with Elder S. I wanted to introduce him to all
of the cool investigators we have now, and do a bunch of member visits
we have been meaning to do, but now it is a lot more difficult to
communicate with anyone! We have had to get creative with the nightly
check-up calls from the district leader. They just walk us home now, and
will do that until we get a new card.
We did get one lesson, however. One of our English
students wanted to do our 30/30 program with us. In that, we spend 30
minutes studying English, and 30 minutes having a gospel lesson. It went
really well, and he gladly accepted to read the Book of Mormon and
pray! Elder S and I both really get along with him. He is a really
great guy, and is really trying hard to learn English for a job
interview he has coming up.
The 9 new sisters showed up at the train station only a few
minutes before we had to go catch our train, so I got to see most of
them though not for long. I can't wait until I get to know them better.
Just when I think I know the names and faces of everyone in the mission,
a bunch of new ones come in! It's hard to keep up!
No comments:
Post a Comment