Hi Everyone!
Another
week in beautiful Brasov! It is still raining on and off, but we had a
lot more sun this week so it was great. And it is plenty warm outside
now.
Missionary work has been a little rough this week. I really do feel the Lord supporting me through
this though. I can always turn to him in prayer and my faith is
bolstered a little.
I did have the wonderful opportunity to give my first talk in
Romanian on Sunday! It really wasn't that hard for me either. I spoke on
faith, using the same tree analogy I used in my farewell talk, and some
additional thoughts on faith that I have picked up on my mission. The
first counselor who had asked me to give the talk gave me a strangling
hug after the meeting (He's a pretty big and tall guy), so I guess it
must have been alright. Also, after church that day, I think I really
started to feel that I am beginning to love Brasov. I really feel like a
part of this branch now, and that has a big impact. We have some
stellar members here.
I also did my first exchange as a district leader with Elder
H this week. It went really well, and Elder H's friendly
good-natured attitude really helped me out. We ended up doing a full
contacting day, but it was a good exchange. We even got a phone number
from a former english student for the other companionship to work with,
so we felt very satisfied.
And today for P-day, we went to Bran Castle! The Ploiesti
district came too so we had a good fun group. The castle isn't huge, but
with Vlad the impaler as a claim to fame, it attracts a lot of tourists
and has been restored well. It was a little busy with tourists, but it
was a really cool experience. It had a great view from the top and a
really nice but tiny courtyard in the middle.


Spiritual thought for the week comes from my talk. A common mistake we make as
humans is the desire to have a perfect knowledge of everything, even
when it comes to faith. But we cannot talk about knowledge as the same
thing as faith. They are distinctly different. With knowledge, the goal
is to come to a 100% understanding if something is true or not. But
faith runs on a different scale. We cannot have a perfect, 100%
understanding with faith, since there is no maximum boundary imposed on
faith. Faith grows stronger infinitely as long as we continue exercising
it, and it can become even more powerful than perfect scientific
knowledge.
Thanks for reading! Love you all!
Elder Lybbert
Great report. Thank you proud Mom for sharing a link to your blog. May God bless you and your work.
ReplyDelete