Monday, June 23, 2014

Surprising news and a Fortress

Hello Everyone!

I've got some transfer news. And this one came as a total shock. I'm leaving Brasov!! This isn't fair! I only got one transfer in the most beautiful city in the mission, right when I decided that I really love this place!

Turns out that Elder B is staying a 6th transfer here... as a district leader and trainer! Way to go Elder B. I think he will do a great job.

As for me, turns out that Transylvania is my home. I'm going to Sibiu, the other most beautiful city in the mission! As a zone leader with Elder C!!!! What?! I've only been a district leader for one transfer, and I just started to get a handle on things. But It's really cool since Elder C and I will be the two elders who have served in the entire zone, Cluj, Brasov, and Sibiu, and in the same order too. It''s weird how I keep serving with people who are already my friends in the mission, but I won't complain.
And, right when I am about to leave, the missionary work started to pick up here in Brasov. We have a good handful of potential investigators, and we were able to meet with one of Elder B's former investigators, and the lesson went really well. We connected well, he understands the idea of the spirit and receiving an answer, and he is searching for a church at which he feels at home. He is really smart, and is a primary school teacher. Elder B and his new missionary have someone good to work with.

And President Ivory will arrive in a week! I am really excited to see what he will bring to the mission, and to see what he will ask me to do as a zone leader. I really don't know what all my responsibilities will be yet, but I hope I can do a good job. This will be an exciting transfer!

Thanks for reading!

Elder Lybbert

For P-day Elder Lybbert went to a Castle or Fortress right in Brasov.  Here are some pictures he sent:







No comments:

Post a Comment