I'm feeling great! This transfer is
going to be a blast! I think things are finally going to start moving in
Sibiu! We are kind of starting from rock bottom, as of Sunday, but it's
only up from here.
Elder D is an awesome
missionary, and is so upbeat and energetic when contacting! Thursday
was probably my favourite day of contacting for our English classes I
have ever had. Instead of just handing out cards, we were having awesome
conversations with everyone! English is just a really friendly
non-threatening way to talk to anyone! People are so cool!
I
am really excited to meet some new people this transfer, since our previous investigators are going on the back burner now. We have taught them so much, and I have testified my heart out to them time after time. But we haven't forgotten about them.
Sunday
was interesting. The Branch President and his fiance (who are getting
married in two weeks!) were away, and I had to conduct the sacrament
meeting! That was a neat experience. Elder D and I were the
speakers too. But all the people who came were real successes. N is
out of the mental hospital and doing great, and we will start
meeting with him for member lessons this week. And E with the
encouragement of the whole district, came! Also, we have a move-in
member from Moldova! N is a 16-year-old young woman who got
baptized in Moldova last month, and is now studying in Alba Iulia, about
an hour and a half out of Sibiu. She took the bus in to Sibiu on Sunday
to attend church and she is awesome! The sisters will be taking good
care of her.
The sad news is that I just
described everyone who came to church. We had a total of 9 people
(including 6 missionaries) in sacrament meeting. But, we have a good
base, and it will just grow from now on. I feel good.
We
have a great district here in Sibiu, and I really enjoy being back to a
district leader. I find it more fulfilling, since it is closer to the
actual missionary work. We are going to plan some great activities this
transfer, and have an awesome English class too.
Thanks for reading! Love you all!
Elder Lybbert
No comments:
Post a Comment