Monday, September 15, 2014

Zone Conference, District conference, and a crazy transfer week to come!

Hi Everyone!

I have a lot to write, but so little time today. We just got back into Sibiu, but Elder Cr and I have a train to Bucuresti this afternoon!

I'll start with transfers though. Yes I am staying in Sibiu, and my new companion will be Elder D! He was in Elder Cr's MTC group, is from California, and I have heard that he is a very hard worker. I am excited for that.

Other interesting news, I will actually be the District leader in Sibiu now! In fact, Sibiu won't have zone leaders at all now. President Ivory realigned the zone boundaries, and now we have 5 zones instead of 6, and Sibiu zone is no more! We will be part of the Romania central zone, which includes Sibiu, Brasov, Ploiesti, and Pitesti. It was really unexpected, but I am super happy. I felt that we had no time to focus on Sibiu last transfer, since we had so much crazy zone leader business, but now Elder D and I can really step things up for Sibiu. This is the transfer. Sibiu hasn't had a baptism in almost two years, but I think the time has finally come. We will do our part, and leave the rest up to the Lord.

And for the rest of the district, Elder C will be receiving Elder W, and the sisters will be staying together. It's going to be a good district, and I am really excited for the chance to serve as a district leader again. I loved it last time, and it isn't as stressful and distracting as zone leading. Though President Ivory hinted to me that this break is only temporary. We'll see.

Elder Cr will be leaving to serve as an office elder! That's really cool, since President Ivory is really changing the office culture, and office elders almost act like a second set of AP's now. I know he will do great. He will handle the stress.

Elder Ch will be serving in Bucuresti too, but with a special assignment to work with the senior couples on some different projects along with regular missionary work. I'm curious to hear from him how it goes, sounds like a lot of fun.

So, about the weekend. We were in Oradea for zone conference on Saturday, and district conference on Sunday with all the members. It was great!

We left late Friday night to catch the sleeper train to Oradea, but we had to take an hour long ride just to get to the sleeper train line! But it was a fun experience, and we got in to Oradea Saturday morning at 7:45 and headed straight to the conference. I feel like I am more inspired again and ready to try new things. I am even more committed to do my part then turn the rest over to the Lord. I can't do this alone. I can't rely on myself. But I can do my part, then pray with all my heart for the Lord to strengthen us. I am ready.

On Saturday night, we had a multicultural celebration by the members and missionaries in the Oradea district. (church district, not missionary). Sibiu isn't normally part of the district, so they hadn't involved us at all, but I really loved being a spectator instead of a performer for once. We had music/dance numbers from 11 countries, from Finland to Cuba and Tonga to Ireland. Lots of diversity in the missionaries and members. It was great.

And on Sunday, we had an awesome district conference! And 4 members and 2 eternal investigators from Sibiu came! For a 5 hour distance, that is really impressive. It was wonderful, and we came back to Sibiu with the members in a rented maxi-taxi, landing home Sunday evening.

And now, since Elder Cr is going to the office, and needs to start his training, we only have a few hours left to finish his packing, any p-day stuff (He needs a haircut), branch finances, and zone finances so that I can hand in the zone wallet. We are exhausted already, but I don't envy Elder Cr. He has a roller coaster of a week ahead.

Thanks for reading, even if I went long. So much is happening! It's great though! Not so much with missionary work this week, but it is only up from here. It's going to be a great transfer.

Elder Lybbert

No comments:

Post a Comment